Planning for disaster response and recovery cannot be overstated; it is paramount to the success of any recovery mission. As a critical value-added service, AshBritt Environmental encourages and conducts pre-event planning and training for our clients from which we gain the benefit of being able to further lay a solid foundation for future recovery efforts.
We are also able to develop our professional relationship and rapport with key members of the current designated emergency management staff. There are three key components of AshBritt’s pre-planning activities:
- Provide “lessons learned” and debris management best practices.
- Overview of the Public Assistance program and updated FEMA guidance.
- Operations and administrative overview of accepted FEMA practices.
- Review AshBritt’s proprietary Debris Information Management System (DIMS).
- Formulation or updates to debris collection zone maps and primary road clearance routes, as well as designation of critical facilities. Provide debris estimates utilizing USACE debris estimating model.
- Partner with our client’s staff and/or assigned representative to determine the anticipated resources for specific recovery scenarios to include local subcontractor participation.
- Evaluation of special considerations such as environmental planning and mitigation concerns, household hazardous waste and hazardous materials handling and disposition, as well as other ancillary services that may be needed.
- Delineation of roles and responsibilities of client key staff members and AshBritt Environmental staff.
- Overview of public information standards and notification best practices.
- Preliminary selection and evaluation of sites for debris management or equipment staging.
- Utilization of satellite imagery for site demarcation, egress/ingress and logistical consideration.
- Perform preliminary on-site survey for operational suitability.